All LudoPlug & other ejecting connecting systems units require pins to be lubricated, as covered in the product instructions and user guide supplied with the product.
Tests have shown that un-lubricated pins increase friction and wear, and in certain situations, it can also prevent the Auto Eject from ejecting the connector.
Regular lubrication with a non-PTFE and non-Silicone product will reduce wear and extend service life, typically this would be a Petroleum Jelly product, such as Vaseline.
Ludo McGurk approved solution
Feedback from customers requesting a simpler way of applying the lubrication had led to the introduction of a specific Electrical Connector Lubricant in an aerosol can. A non-PTFE and non-Silicone based product ensures long lasting lubrication with no loss of electrical connectivity.
• Improves contact performance by increasing effective contact area
• Harmless to most plastics and rubbers
• Contains no silicones, thus reducing switch contamination
• Will loosen tarnish and corrosion and leave a protective film to prevent further contamination
• Prevents arcing, thus reduces contact wear
• Highly stable synthetic material, fully inhibited against oxidisation and copper corrosion
• Excellent penetration and cooling properties
• Good mechanical lubrication